Garnets are Silicate group of minerals. Garnet produced at two mineral separation plants is Almandine Garnet [Fe3Al2(SiO4)3]. Major grades produced are Coarse grade (30 - 60 mesh), Normal grade (60 -100 mesh) and Medium grade (50 -100 mesh)
Garnet is used:
* as abrasive for sand blasting for descaling of vessels and surface preparation.
* in water jet cutting for precision cutting job.
* as abrasive in grinding wheels.
* as medium for water filteration
* for rough glass polishing
Last Updated On 16/01/2020